Sunday, September 16, 2012

Shakshouka

Shakshouka is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes,  chilli peppers, onions and often spiced with cumin. You can read more about it here.
There are many different recipes to prepare it, but since I am lazy, I use mine which is very much simplified. My family like it and due to it's simplicity we are able to cook it even outside.
First you need to chop and fry till gold color a few onions (I usually take one small onion per portion, but I like fried onions and prefer to put as much as my family can tolerate). Season per your taste.
Next, chop and add tomatoes to the fried onions (take twice more than onions) then fry everything together till it gets soft.

Poach eggs. Season them per your taste.
Cover the pan and fry till the eggs reach the desired state.


5 comments: